Sunday, January 11, 2009

What the F david blaine?!

Ok So despite consuming a lot of food last night (although it wasn't a lot by what I used to think was a lot), I still lost a lb, bringing my weight to: 166lbs.

It's bizarre to me but somehow also makes a little bit of sense. I realize that sometimes my body wants to eat more, and eating healthy foods that are clean and made by Pakistani standards of healthy is really not that bad and perhaps even beneficial in my quest to lose weight. I also think that when our bodies tell us we should eat a little more, or we're craving something, we should REALY LISTEN to our bodies and fulfill those cravings. Now I'm not saying that if our body is asking for 5 trillion cookies, that we should eat all those cookies. But we have stopped listening to our bodies as a society and it's tiem for us to listen MINDFULLY, not indulging every little whim that may be detrimental to us but truly indulging those cravings/needs that we really need or require and stop when our bodies say stop. Ok I'm done being preachy :D

Food today:
9am 1 peanut butter/jelly sandwich with: 2 slices whole wheat bread (220cals), 1tbsp all natural Teddy's Super chunky pb (95 cals), 1 tbsp sugar free strawberry jam (10 cals), 1 cup tea (80 cals)-total: 425 cal?
12pm 1/2 cup rice with peas, 2 pieces of chicken, 1/4 piece roti (~400 cals)
3pm 2 mini blueberry muffins, 2 pieces of brownie (300 cals)
6pm/9pm 1 cup tea (80 cals)
lots of daal, rice, kebobs and some salmon (?)
Some brownie

Probably more food than I need today but I'm still balancing out the whole weekend eating thing. These brownies are whole wheat organic brownies with milled flaxseed. Not as bad as regular brownies. Etc. I'll do better tomorrow. That's the attitude to keep when u eat more than necessary.

This section gets updated as the day goes on....

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I agree life is about moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about listening to what our bodies are craving - it's a good way to go, unless of course there is a craving for 5 billion cookies (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read about how you and BH met--I love it!

    I'm trying to learn to listen to the body, but I can't believe that it really needs chips and dip as often as it claims....

    H =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jess's Food Coma: Thanks. I'm glad i"m not the only one who believes this way

    @ Me only Better: hahaha, true dat home-skillet :)

    @H-Woman: THanks. I love telling that story and can't wait til I can tell the grandkids.

    Haha, about the chips and dip. Who knows; maybe we can justify it as good fats and carbs?? but then we'd have to justify the 10lbs we'd gain as a result :D

    ReplyDelete