Saturday, January 31, 2009

Official Weigh In: 164.4lbs

Ok so there was another loss this week of about -0.6lbs. Yay! Wanna know the weird thing; I got my period today. That's like after 10-12 days. I got my period again. I started my birth control again this month after a month hiatus, and my cycle got all messed up. This ALWAYS happens. The pill has the opposite effect on me. I am THE most regular person in the world without additional hormonal regulation. I can predict when my cycle will come within a 48 hr period, due to how symptomatic I am. But as soon as I got on the pill, my cycle when out of whack. And I don't know what to do in terms of that. I do NOT want my period every 2 weeks. And i have period weight gain, which always makes me cranky even though I know it's water retention. My mom is trying to make me promise that I'll get off of birth control because she says it's unnatural for my body, can cause vein erythrothrombosis(blood clotting in my veins) and infertility. but here's the deal: I am sexually active and I plan on being so for the next 7-10 years, without having kids. And so the birth control is great at preventing that. ON the other hand, do I want to be artificially convincing my body that it's pregnant, thus irregulatinig my hormones?? The debate continues on that front.

In other news, I got a WII FIT for my dad last night. It was his bday on the 29th and my mom had been asking for the game for the LONGEST time for her bday. So I bought them the game and we were playign it ALL morning. IT even got my mom to get on the treadmill, and my dad to workout his usual 4/7 days. My own Wii fit age was 31, even though i'm 20. SO I NEED to work on that. But I did every single frickin' activity and boy I feel it. I know that's weird considering it's a video game and tons of reviews I read said it wasn't a real workout. But I am telling you here, I felt the workout. And I did all the activities and thought this was a great step forward for the video-gaming technologoy, in terms of creating activities that still get kids and adults to actively move and play. My mom and I love it, and she says we should do it every morning before work. Hehe.

So that's the update for now. I'm pretty relaxed this weekend. Just going to catch up on my MCATs studying. I WILL be going to a superbowl party at my cousins' house in NH. I personally do not really have a SUPER vested interest in football (I'm more a baseball girl myself) but I do go to school in Pittsburgh and shall root for the Stealers to get my New England family and friends SUPER riled up. HAHa. I will be checking on all of your blogs to see how you're doing. Have a fun weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss!! Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah on the loss! have fun with the Wii fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the loss! I just started the pill too, and am finding that it is wreaking havoc on my system. I am sure it is one of the reasons that I am not dropping any weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bre:
    Thanks!! I will try and keep it up

    @Sarah, I LOVE LOVE the wii fit. AS soon as I woke up, I was on it, workin out.

    @Me, only better:
    I think you're probably right. I have been on the pill for about 4 months but it has only messed up my period.

    ReplyDelete