Friday, January 23, 2009

Biggest Loser blog Challenge A-Team Official Weigh In #2

Today's Weight: 165lbs!! That makes it a loss of -1.6lbs, which is exciting. WOOHOO.

I think there was a false sense of dip after my period, where my weight got down to 163.8lbs. hopefully I'll officially be there next wee, but I am losing in my hopeful range of 1-2lbs/week which makes me feel infinitely more comfortable with losing weight. I know people want big results fast, but I take comfort in a slower pace of weight loss, due to the fact that this needs to be a lifestyle I can maintain, for well...LIFE. So the slower I lose weight, the better adjusted my eating and exercise will be and the more long-term this body adaptation is. In the meantime when I feel discouraged or lost, I'll return to the last post I wrote termed Insecurity which helps me put into perspective how I should feel about my body.

I am having this weird eating thing--When I eat, my stomach gets full REALLY quickly. And most of the time I know I haven't eaten that much. Like today I made myself a small PB&J sandwich with a cup of tea. And my stomach got full to the point of slight nausea. It was totally weird. Now this week I did start my birth control after skipping a month, so I think maybe that's giving me pregnancy symptoms?? But that's just a guess. I just know that my stomach capacity has SHRUNK. Which is a blessing and a curse.

I think I'm going to go and track my eating this week and focus super hard on trying to do some real strength-training and do my favorite cardio more--DANCING! I didn't track last week and still managed to produce a loss. But I will track somewhat liberally because this upcoming week I"ll probably start working my two jobs and need to figure out where to fit food and everything in my schedule. And tracking/meal planning will be key to ease into the SUPER busy lifestyle.

Song of the day: Addiction by Kanye West ft. Jay Z

So onto FOOD:
9am: 2 slices light bread (90cals), 1 tbsp pb (90 cals), 1 tbsp sugar free jelly (10cals), 1 cup tea with milk and sugar (~80 cals)= 270 calories

12pm/3pm: 1 naan (247 cals), 2 tbsp hummus (60 cals), 1 serving spinach/potatos (~150cals), 1 oatmeal cookie (200 cals)= 660cals
6pm:
9pm:

4 comments:

  1. You lost almost 2 pounds, that's great! I like how you're making your workouts fun, dancing is great cardio exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great loss!!! And I love the idea of dancing around at home for a workout. That's definitely something I can do with the little guy around, too, because he LOVES to dance up a storm!

    ReplyDelete