Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good Morning Blog World!!!!
I just took that picture to show you guys how psyched I am to be a part of the Biggest Losers blog Edition Season 2! And to be on Team Angie--> How awesome is that?!? I hope this color font isn't too bright for you guys.

Since this is the first blog I've really invested in/am going to try to keep up regularly, I'm playing along with fonts, styles, colors, etc. etc. etc.
Ok on to the meaty details:
Weight this morning: 168lbs! So I'm actually not that upset about that. I have not "deployed a missile from the southern hemisphere" in about 2 days. Normally I"m quite regular in that dept. so when I don't, it shows up on the scale. Now for some of you that may be TMI, but I'll tell you the same thing I've told most of my close friends over the past few years:
"If you don't know my bowel movements, you must not be that close of a friend"
This is due to the fact that I am a TMI sort of person. My boyfriend will be the first to tell that I have no inhibitions and need some more self-awareness in terms of what I tell to whom. But I do enjoy having this child-like curiosity and love of people. I will chat up everyone and anyone I see. I could probably tell you my hairdresser's life story, how my manicurist feels about her babysitter and what my manager's second cousin's name is. That's how involved I get with people. I hope that ultimately it makes me easier to trust and also makes me more personable. I also hope that it will help me become a better doctor because these days, ppl are too scientific and cold. I want a doctor who will empathize with me and show me that she cares about me beyond my insurance coverage. And that's the kind of doctor I want to be.

Ok sidetracked, as usual. So on a health/fitness thing: I'm going to focus on the 80% diet thing first. I normally can integrate fitness pretty seemlessly if I've mastered the food issues. And in general I am a pretty active person so the weight normally comes off without those extra hours in the gym. We also haven't moved the treadmill to the front of the tv, so untili that happens, I have NO motivation to exercise on it. Excuse excuses I know. but I'm doing fine so far.

Now onto today's eats:

9am: an omlette wiht 2 eggs, an oz of cheese and 2 slices carb smart bread (420 calories)
12pm: 1 cup tea (~80 cals), 1/2 cup carrots (20-30 calories)
3pm: 1 can Annie's Thai coconut soup (440 cals) with 1 cup added mushrooms (20 cals)
6pm/9pm Dinner: 1 bowl soup mom made (1 can chicken broth, water, broccoli, green onions, mushrooms, lemongrass)- 1 serving is probably not even 50 calories
1 banana: 120 cals (since it was large-ish in size)
1 sandwich consisting of 2 slices low carb bread (120 cals), 1 laughing cow cheese wedge (35 cals), 1 serving pastrami (60 cals), 1 romaine lettuce leaf (5 cals)
Dessert: 2 Late July Dark chocolate biscuits (100cals), 1 pakistani biscuit(120cals)

Total for the day: 1590 calories

Relatively low for me, but considering yesterday's indulgences, it's good to be slightly lower today than I normally am. Eating this way is actually making it more difficult to fit in enough calories, leaving me enough calories for dessert. It's interesting to see how this will turn out at the end of the challenge. I hope everyone's doing well in blogland tonight!

9 comments:

  1. OMG...freaking hilarious about the torpedo from southern hemisphere. I'll have to add that to my long list of BM jokes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! I try to amuse myself with what I write :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The torpedo comment has me laughing ! One thing that can help prevent stall outs due to lack of torpedo activity is to make sure you get in 2 tsp of some healthy oil every day along with fruits, veggies and water. The oil helps your liver to work properly amongst other things and keeps the "southern works" in proper working order. When it stalls, not only can you gain weight but it will make your whole body work harder to expell the toxins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the torpedo comment! I've never heard that one....and I thought I'd heard them all! LOL LOL
    Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. And becomming a follower. I'm flattered. :)
    And I am excited to be on Team Angie with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say hi from another Team Angie member. I love being able to read a blog from the beginning and like the others I loved your missile comment. Looking forward to following along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go A-Team! Thanks for signing up to follow my blog, I'll do the same with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao! I love your blogging, its a great refresher. You can be my doctor anytime, we need more doctors like you. Goodluck in your journey and I'll be here often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for such sweet comments!! This is my first time in the blogging world and these are my first comments. YOu all have such special places in the blogging section of my heart :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are funny - I agree you will make a great doctor!

    ReplyDelete