Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm still alive. Sorry for taking such a big writing hiatus

So I put this picture up to start my post because I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED that my man is going to be right next to me in a week. Next tuesday on the 10th, I will be picking him up at the airport. He'll be mine in the flesh for five glorious days. I just cannot articulate how anxious I am for this week to go by. The thing is that we've been apart for only 3 months. But during these three months, he's had to deal with the grief of losing both his grandparents and being the rock for his grieving mother. On top of that, he's been dealing with the economy and how that's impacting his financing of college. And it's been tough for our relationship, partly because I have to be his rock and I've never done that before. We've been going out for around 9 months but it feels like longer. It's the most adult relationship I've had and the most fulfilling. I need to stop writing or I'll vomit reading my own gushing ;D haha This picture was taken last year, during the summer...

Ok onto the present: I got a snow day today!! We got 15+ inches of snow and it was crazy to be driving in this weather. My cousin tried to drive to work in the morning and his car got stuck. It took lots of shoveling and a snow blower to be able to move his car. Of course he did end of going to work, but that's because he's crazy....After all, he is related to ME. *laughter ensues*. So I took a sick day on friday (being sick--more on that next paragraph) and had a snow day today. I did work saturday and sunday at the gap for 7 or 8 hours each day, but I got two days completely off which hasn't happened in a while. I spent the day in my pajamas, and felt super relaxed and happy. I saw the movie The Producers with Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick which I'd never seen before. It was super funny and my father and I enjoyed it immensely. So tomorrow is back to work, but this week will be MUCH better than the last due to the past days taken off and the future impending arrival of my beloved.

In other health news:
1. I have an Afghanistan sized pimple on my chin and the urge to eat ALL DAY LONG....what could this signify. THINK. where have you felt these emotions before....when does your usually clear face become a topographic map of the middle east?? Oh right...AROUND YOUR PERIOD. So all hands on deck. Or rather all tampons: Make yourself available and all white pants...remove yourself from my sight.
2. I am not as sick anymore. i think "Me, only Better" had it right--I was pushing myself too hard. And I need to take more days to rest. Everyone is telling me this. I just am somewhat of a workaholic: once I get into the scheme of things, I thrive on the adrenaline rush of too much work. I need to scale back. Plus I didn't get a flu shot this year. And considering I spend ALL day long taking care of babies-children who are suffering from the flu, I am highly susceptible. So I got my exposure, and hopefully can move forward from the disease.

Now on my new eating way: It's going super well. I am eating soooo many veggies and fruits. I feel healthy and nourished and my general health (besides the obvious virus) has improved. I am no longer counting calories. I am seeing numbers that are in the 160.X range. So if my official weight is around 160, I'll be taking new measurements and posting progress photos. I haven't been this low since June and it's rocking my world. :D
So there's the update for now. I'll try to be less of a ghost in the blogging world....Lots of love, hugs and kissies.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! Glad you and your man will be able to reunite for a visit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, I am a wise woman! You should always listen to me (=

    Glad you are feeling better! And you and your man are sooooo friggin cute!

    ReplyDelete